This distinguished neighbourhood has always been one of Toronto’s most exclusive addresses. Chaplin Estates homeowners enjoy convenient access to excellent public and private schools, shopping, parks and recreation, and transit service.
The borders of Chaplin Estates run between Avenue Road to the West, Yonge Street in the East, Eglinton Avenue on the North, and Chaplin Crescent to the South.
- Style: The houses in this neighbourhood were built in the 1920s and 1930s, and include many fine examples of Tudor, Georgian, and English cottage-style architecture.
- Home style: Two and three-storey detached.
- Lot sizes: Premium.
- Driveways: Private.
- The Eglinton Way shopping district
- High-end fashion boutiques
- Gourmet food shops
- Yonge Street shopping district
- Movie theater
- Eglinton Park
- North Toronto Community Centre
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Water slides
- Walking track
- Exercise rooms
- Historic Belt Line Trail (walking cycling)
Chaplin Estates residents can walk to the bus stops on Yonge Street, Eglinton Avenue, Oriole Parkway and Chaplin Crescent. The Davisville and the Eglinton subway stations are also within walking distance of this neighbourhood.
The main east-west arterial roadway is Eglinton Avenue. Residents are approximately 15 minutes from the Allen expressway and the Don Valley Parkway.
Motorists can be downtown in 15 minutes via Yonge Street or Avenue Road.
(P) Oriole Park Jr., 80 Braemar Avenue, (416) 393-5215
(PH) North Toronto Collegiate Institute, 730 Eglinton Avenue West, (416) 393-1860
(PR) Bishop Strachan School, 298 Lonsdale Road, (416) 484-4835
(PR) St. Clement’s School, 21 St. Clement’s Avenue, (416) 488-1125
(PR) Upper Canada College, Upper School, 200 Lonsdale Road, (416) 488-1125
(PR) Upper Canada College Prep School, 220 Lonsdale Road, (416) 488-1125