Named after the renowned Gothic Revival hilltop castle and its gardens, Casa Loma is a posh residential area offering serene streets lined with Edwardian, Tudor and Georgian houses.
Surrounded by ravines and parkland, Casa Loma sits between St. Clair Avenue West, by Spadina Road on the East, and on the South by the CP railway tracks, and on the West by Bathurst Street.
- Style: Tudor style homes built in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Those that have been renovated tend to maintain their original character.
- Home style: Detached two-storey, town homes.
- Lot sizes: Average.
- Driveways: Shared, private.
- Bathurst and St. Clair shopping district
- Grocery and convenience style stores
- Gourmet food shops
- High end boutiques
- Variety of professional services
- Sir Winston Churchill Park
- Ten lit tennis courts
- Children’s playground
- Running path
- Nordheimer Ravine
- Walking paths
- Picnic spots
- Hillcrest School local community Centre
- Indoor pool
The Casa Loma neighbourhood is well served by public transit. There is regular bus service on Bathurst Street and streetcar service on St. Clair Avenue West. The St. Clair West subway station is a short walk from the homes in this neighbourhood.
For motorists, the main arterial roadways are Bathurst Street and St. Clair Avenue.
(P) Hillcrest Community School, 44 Hilton Ave., (416) 393-9700
(P) Brown Junior, 454 Avenue Rd., (416) 393-1560
(PH) Oakwood Collegiate Institute, 991 St Clair Ave. W., (416) 393-1780